
It's no secret that if the Democrats are successful over the next six months in hammering home the idea that a McCain presidency equals a third Bush term, Obama is going to do very, very well on November 5th. After all, we're talking about a president (Bush) with a 30 percent approval rating. Do the math.
I think the Republicans undertand this too. If they're going to fight it, though, they're going to need a better comeback than this:
"Senator Obama says that I'm running for a Bush's third term," John McCain said. "It seems to me he's running for Jimmy Carter's second."
Is that really the best you can up with, dude?
I know that your core constituancy in the metamucil-drinking, Murder-She-Wrote-watching, Oldsmobile-driving crowd remembers well the misgivings of the Carter administration, but what about anyone younger than, say, 50?
What's next? "He's running for Herbert Hoover's second term"?
1 comment:
And did you hear the latest about Warren G. Harding?
http://polijamblog.polijam.com/?p=1462
Post a Comment